The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Thursday, February 17, 2011

On the mend and anxious to write...

Thank you for all your prayers.  My arm is doing much better.  I have a condition called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.  Over 20 years ago a doctor threatened to amputate my arm because he couldn't get the problem resolved.  So....anytime my arm acts up, I'm nervous. 

However, I have a wonderful doctor who feels we can fix the arm with therapy and avoid the problems connected with surgery.  Unfortunately, it eliminated my ability to write for a while.  It will take time for me to work up to being as productive as I have been.

So...be patient.  I'm anxious to get back to writing and my idea notebook is overflowing.  Today, I thought I would leave you with a little fun.  Angela Hunt recommended a YouTube video about writing.  After listening to the interview, I wondered if Angela had anything on  YouTube.  I'm not an Internet social bug by any means.  But...wouldn't it be wonderful - I thought - if I could hear her teach on line....perhaps at a writer's conference.  I typed in her name and found several Angela Hunts.  To my delight there were a couple of videos of her....but to my surprise it wasn't what I thought. 

I laughed....and laughed....and finally did a chair dance at my own desk.  Hope you enjoy the following video of the wonderful life we writer's enjoy.  Thank you Angela Hunt, Robin Hatcher, Terri Blackstock, Carolyn Aarsen and Kristin Billerbeck.....




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isSh3UjeDc

God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie

No comments: