The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Monday, January 14, 2008

Christian Writers' Market Guide

It's that time of year again! Christmas is over and the last few decorations are finally in their box. The article that's been rolling around in your head is ready to splash onto the page.

After a hard day of dancing with words you push back in your chair, wiggle your toes, stretch your arms to the sky and let out a satisfying sigh..."At last, it's done. And it's good."

Your eyes fall on the tattered Christian Writers' Market Guide for 2007. "I'll be glad to get the new one. This one is barely hanging on."

If you are a new writer and you are looking for that first sale, Sally Stuart's Christian Writer's Market Guide is a must. For seasoned writers, it is our writing Bible. I won't go into all the reasons why it is a must have....you can find that out on any of those other "let me tell you how to sell your stuff" sites.

For me, the book represents HOPE. Anytime I get discouraged I go for a swim in a new section of the book. I immerse myself in the fact that there are hundreds of places I can contact.

"See there Debbie, it's not over! There are still plenty of places to send your article. Get busy Gal! Get with it. Until everyone in this book has said no, you can still make it!"

To get Sally's book, you can use the following link. If you like, you can visit her website at http://www.sallystuart.com/




Thanks Sally for all your hard work and for the "HOPE" you give.


God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie


No comments: