The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Monday, January 7, 2008

Marlene Bagnull

Marlene Bagnull is a wonderful writer and speaker. I attended a conference with her several years ago. I could list her accomplishments but take my word for it...she's great.

She has written a wonderful book for the soul of a writer. Write His Answer addresses all the mental hoops writers insist on jumping through. It's a treasured Bible study for Christian Writers.



I love the first quote in the book. It's from Habakkuk 2:2. "And the Lord said to me, Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others."

I love the holidays and I love doing things for my family. But during such a busy time it's easy to lose sight of what we do. Somewhere in the casseroles and wrapping paper I forget that I've been called. I forget that God has given me a voice and a message.

We must NEVER forget. We must strive to keep that billboard foremost in our minds. We are called!

I can't write what God has laid on your heart. He needs your voice and your experiences to touch people that are "like" you. And guess what, you can't write for me. My slant is totally different from you. We are all part of an army that God needs to carry out his will.
Please pray with me....

"Dear God, help me today to remember why you called me to write. Help me not to stress over the marketing and the technical side of writing.

Help me instead to open my mind and see individual faces of people that you want me to help. Let me see the struggling mother, the discouraged father, the hurting teen, the burnt out pastor. Give me a word for them. Let my head and my hands be yours as you bring encouragement and peace to those people.

While I need to do my very best, remind me that I have been called. Remind me that it will not be easy, but you will be there with me. Remind me that I serve you first. Let my words be your words destined to help a hurting world.

I love you Lord....Amen"

God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie

No comments: