The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Calling all big mouths!

The Oil spill in the gulf......

Sharia law in Michigan.....

The Role of the church.....

Children losing their innocence....

The Divorce rate.....

Abortion.....

The loss of American Christianity and the hope of the world......

So many topics and so little time....

I'm only one person.  I spend 6-8 hours a day writing.  While I love my job (most of the time) some days I get so tired of writing I just want to get away.  For me, that's when frustration and writer's block sets in.  Yet, there's so much to say and so much to do that I wonder if I can do it all.

Nope, I can't do it all.  The world needs you.  We need your input, your knowledge, your wisdom, your viewpoint.  Unfortunately, many new writers want to give up by saying, "That topic was covered by Today's Christian Woman.  That topic was covered by Glenn Beck.  I can't add anything to it.  I agree with them, but who cares what I think."

I want to scream when I hear that point of view.  Your thoughts are needed.  You will reach people I can't.  We need everyone in the world using every talent they have.  Your writing is important.  If you don't feel like you are polished enough for publishers....start a blog.  Write your thoughts down and save them to a disk.  Get a pad and use the old pen and paper routine.  But for the sake of our children....write, record, document, share!

The following video cause me to ask a new question.  What do you think this country would be like today if no one had recorded the founding of this country?  What if there were no stories about Paul Revere?  What if there was no record of George Washington, no writings from Ben Franklin, no history of the Revolution?  How would our children have developed over the last 200 plus years?  How would injustice increased? 

We need all the big mouths we can find!  Voice your opinion, share your thoughts, document the facts and let the whole world know.....

I hope after you watch this video you will get busy writing!  We need all the writers we can find!



God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie

No comments: