The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hard work is important

This blog is about the "soul" of a writer.  It's not my job to teach you how to write...but rather to keep you writing.  Since we all receive those dreaded rejection letters....I thought we should take a moment to laugh and realize that we probably are doing better than we think.  Imagine if the following letter was a proposal for a writing assignment. 


Resimay



To hoom it mae cunsern,
I waunt to apply for the job what I saw in the paper.
I can Type realee quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting..
I think I am good on the phone and I no I am a pepole person,
Pepole really seam to respond to me well.


I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety.
My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,
I can start emeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

hopifuly

Yore best aplicant so farr.


Sinseerly,


BRYAN

Now don't you feel better?  At least you know how to use spell check.  As we all know, working hard at your craft does pay off.

God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie

No comments: