The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. **Mark Twain

Friday, February 10, 2012

Are your creative juices clogged?

What a mess!  I've spent the last hour shredding papers that covered a corner of my office.  I wouldn't say that I'm a totally messy person but I will admit that God has not blessed me with the best organizational skills.  I have to work at organizing and clutter free living.   

This morning I decided to get this done.  I'm tired of stepping over this bag of papers to get to my books and printer.  I've been shredding for over an hour.  My shredder clogged up several times and I'm starting to sneeze from all the dust.  I hate boring work, but it did give me time to ponder a few things.  This mess made me wonder if our brains are clogged with junk.  Can the mess we carry inside rob us of creativity? 

Wouldn’t it be great if we had a mental shredder that we could turn on and let it totally eliminate all the junk that destroys productivity?  All the would haves and could haves and should haves that muck up our creativity could be removed by the touch of a button . When the shredder was done with lost hopes maybe it could go to work on all the resentment, hurt feelings and guilt issues. Of course I wouldn’t be able to stop until it had obliterated my self-esteem issues and that great big ball of fear.

*Sigh* I know that God has offered to do that and we should let Him.  But somehow trapped in this human body of mine, all too often I’m sifting through those shredded pieces looking for the hurt and pain that God has already trashed.

Wouldn't it be great if we could clear out the clutter and get down to pure thought?

I hope you will join me in this prayer.

Dear Jesus,


Please help me today to let go of the junk in my life. Teach me how to prevent it from cluttering up my mind.  Show me how to allow your heavenly shredder to eliminate the thoughts that rob productivity and keep me from fulfilling your will in my life.  Help me to shred bad thoughts and leave them alone...forever. As our minds and hearts are swept clean, fill them with creativity, love, energy and peace. Give your authors a wonderful day of freedom. Freedom from the past, from the hurts, from the fears and from anything that can clog up our work. Give us the power to spread the word and the good news that you will always make a difference in our lives.  Thank you Jesus,  Amen

God loves you and has called you to write,

Debbie

No comments: